You have to love the beauty and elegance of simplicity.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci said that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” Today we’re going to talk about how that applies to your business branding. Consider that while most people spend hours of time on social media each day, they spend very little time looking at each piece of content that arises there. 1.7 seconds on average to be exact.
Consider that in order to capture attention in that 1.7 seconds, you need to be sharing something that is insightful, helpful to them in their daily lives or solves some problem for them, is aesthetically pleasing (put simply, and that’s today’s theme), people don’t “stop the scroll” to see images that are unattractive.
There’s a lot more that little post has to do, and one of the most important things is demonstrate brand consistency. If you lack brand consistency, then that post that you spent so long planning will not come back to serve you and help customers remember your business.
“If you lack simple brand consistency, then that post you spent so long planning will not come back to serve you and help potential customers remember you as a business. That’s sadly, a waste.”
Being memorable on a brand level requires consistency and a commitent to simplicity, not just in color choices, but in your logo, fonts, style of imagery, way of speaking, and more!
How to keep your brand simple.
1. Use a brand palette with complimentary colors, and on screen fonts that suit your own style!
2. Choose imagery that goes well together and serves your overall topic (eg. if you are a jewelry designer, paaallleasee don’t post a pic of what you are having for dinner. If you are a restaurant critic, go for it. If you are a real estate agent, then pallleeease don’t post a pic of your new manicure, unless it’s part of a series you’ve done about all the best places in town!
3. Use your company name as a hashtag, and create some campaigns for yourself, using those as hashtags too. You can add them as favorites inside the Buzzbie app when you’re creating your posts, so they are ready to go for you!
4. Choose it and stick to it! Resist the urge to change your choices and brand style
5. Always add your logo (easy with the Buzzbie App)
6. In every post, ask yourself how it’s uniquely you, and uniquely on brand. There are hundreds of posts out there that look exactly the same. If your posts look the same as everyone else’s, then how will you ever build your own personal brand.